Sunday, April 01, 2007

and there you were. (:

That is my heart over there.
It likes to be outside and to swing from trees,
and sometimes, it sings in the shower.
That is my heart over there.
It takes walks at night and remembers things you said,
and sometimes,
it wishes that world were quieter place.
That is my heart over there.
I try to hide it sometimes.
I remind it that it is not a prom queen
and it might get hurt.
I tell it not to take too many chances.
But it runs to love as if flowers were promises,
as if it believed in high-school dances.
That is my heart over there,
taking your hand.
Oh! It would be better to be patient,
I know it!
See my heart there beside your heat?
It looks stronger than it is sometimes.
Please,
be careful with it.

i love you dear.
the one who brought beauty and words back into my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really should post the names of the authors of these poems so that people don't think you are attempting to take credit for them yourself.

The author of this particular poem is Ashley Rice.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home